The face of the Roanoke First United Methodist Church has changed, but it remains a center for ministry and mission. Wiley White, who came to Roanoke around 1844, donated a lot for the building of a Methodist Church. That lot was the site for the first of three church buildings which housed the congregations of Roanoke First United Methodist Church. The second building was constructed around 1882, near the present site of Handley High School. The third building was constructed at our present location, 806 Main Street. The cornerstone of the church is dated 1906.
Other church milestones:
- 1937 - Basement was dug & Panel Room built.
- 1957 - Education building & Chapel constructed.
- 2002 - McDonald Family Life Center constructed.